Saturday, January 05, 2008

Since the day


Since the day when I came to a halt...
Since the day your love and care stopped...
I've made a world of my own to hide...
A world which is alien to your cruelty and smite...
A world so tender and pure...
Like the love and care that we once endured...
Since the day you left without a goodbye....
Shying away to see me eye to eye...
I've made every effort to subdue my feelings that once flourished...
Made me feel gutless without you and with you courageous...
It could have been more than what it is...
If it had to end, it could have been more than a cliché than what it is...
I've trashed myself in hope to empty myself of these feelings...
Empty myself and start my healing....
Though it seems like a tedious task to me...
Then again, I thought you were madly in love with me...
I am only human to have made that grave a mistake...
Assuming to have a woman which will make my life like a piece of cake...
But since the day we went our separate ways...
I've taught myself never to dream and always stay awake...

No comments: